Inspired by the recipe hacking in Netflix’s Time To Eat: Nadiya Hussain’s Best Recipes, I made my own version of her Peanut Butter and Jelly Traybake. This is a beautiful and tasty dish that you can easily adjust to your serving needs and also use whatever kind of peanut butter, jam or jelly you have on hand.
Krusteaz Pancake Mix
Cooking Spray – Coconut or Canola Oil
Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter
Jelly or jam of your choice (Black Raspberry is our favorite)
1 quart or 8×8 baking dish for smaller servings, 9×13 pan for larger servings
For 4 -6 servings, use 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup of water and the 1 quart or 8×8 baking dish. For 6- 10 servings, use 2 cups of mix and 1 1/3 cup of water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk pancake mix and water until thoroughly blended. Spread evenly in pan with a spatula or spoon.
- Spoon about 3 Tbsps of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 10-second bursts or until peanut butter is a bit thinner and easily stirred. Do the same for the jam.
- Take dollops of the peanut butter and scatter over the batter. Add dollops of jam the same way.
- Using a knife, swirl the dollops together to make a marbled effect.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on the top. Remove from the oven and cut into squares.