On September 15, the hubs and I and our Jeep embarked upon a 19-hour road trip to Hill City, South Dakota and the surrounding areas. Here a few things I learned on this trip
1) The best 3D, HD camera is your eyes.
2) The Crazy Horse Memorial deserves more attention. The history surrounding it is one of the most interesting backstories in American art.
3) The Prairie Dogs of Custer Park are almost scary. They are rampant.
4) Deadwood, South Dakota recently lost their gold mining industry, but their gold mining history, as well as Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickcock tourism, are strong.
5) Nothing is better than a top-down ride with blue skies on the Needles Highway in September.